all together now - artist submissions
Contemporary art and programming that is thoughtful, engaging, and inspiring is what we are all about. Because our space will be open to the public, we believe in ART FOR ALL, meaning we consider works that are suitable for a general audience and are in keeping with the spirit of inclusivity. We do not tolerate hate in any form.
ALL TOGETHER NOW BELIEVES IN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL. WE SEEK DIVERSE ART + PROGRAMMING, AND ENCOURAGE YOU TO SUBMIT AS YOU ARE BECAUSE THAT’S THE BEST WAY TO BE. NO MATTER YOUR RACE, ETHNICITY, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, FAITH, IMMIGRATION STATUS -- YOUR EXPERIENCE MATTERS. YOU ARE WANTED HERE.
artists we’ve worked with
REQUIREMENTS FOR VISUAL ART SUBMISSIONS*
1. Include 1-3 images of current and available work, or proposals for the work you have in mind, using the following guidelines (detailed tutorial HERE):
File format: JPEG in 72 dpi
File size: no larger than 1000 pixels on largest side
File name: Firstname_Lastname_Title (ie: Reginald_Jones_Shipwreck)
2. Have a retail value of $300 or less (we aim to support artists + collectors with diversity in all forms, including economic)
3. Be no larger than 20 x 28” framed
4. Be original art in any medium -or- high-quality and archival prints (we recommend Tower Press in Decatur for exquisite digital printing that is archival)
5. Be created in Georgia
6. Agree that your work will be framed and ready for hanging; if your work does not require framing (due to mounting, sandwiching in plexiglass, etc., please explain in your submission (see framing guidelines below**). We suggest including the cost of framing in your retail price.
7. Agree that you will mail or drop-off your work and it will arrive by the deadline
8. Submit using our ARTIST SUBMISSION FORM below
*all submissions must meet these guidelines must all be met in order to qualify for selection
Submission Deadline April 10, 2019
Selections made by April 12, 2019
Notification of selections, contracts, and additional information provided to artists by April 15, 2019
Artwork dropped off or shipped to arrive April 19-21
All Together Now will run May 1 - June 30.
Exhibition proposals will be reviewed by the Curator Panel, comprised of Pamela Barba, Hope Hilton, and Gina Livingston. Once selections are made you will hear from us. Please do not inquire as to whether or not your submission has been selected, as we are very busy and promise to be in touch.
All art must be framed and ready to hang in simple frames in black, white, or natural wood. The actual frame moulding does not need to exceed 2” and must be submitted with backing wire or french cleats and ready to hang. Your work does not need to be professionally framed, which can be costly (and collectors often have work framed the way they prefer after purchase). This look can be achieved by utilizing frames already on the market. If you’re interested in professional framing we suggest hiring Frame This and including the cost in your retail pricing. We can also frame your work for you for a fee, and will include information about this once selections are made.
Other frame suggestions:
Need advice? We’d love to talk!
EXHIBITION GUIDELINES once your PROPOSAL is accepted
PRESENTATION All work must be ready for installation and professionally presented upon delivery. Any works not following the guidelines set forth may be excluded. Framed work must be ready to hang, meaning backing wire or french cleats are prepared. Identification labels with your name, title, medium, and retail price will be attached to the back of the work. If your work requires special installation instructions, we will work with you, just let us know!
SALES All sales are split 70/30 with artists (artists receive 70%), less any credit card fees associated with the transaction. Artists will be mailed a check for sold work following the close of the exhibition.
LIABILITY All work will be insured during exhibition. We are not liable for damage or loss in transit to and from the gallery. Any damage caused due to faulty preparation will not be covered.